De kleine lettertjes:
De auto wordt verhuurd door: Thrifty Car Rental.
Hoofdkantoor: 3rd Street, Avenue 13th, San José Costa Rica.
Locations in Country 9 locations. Downtown: San José.
Airport : Alajuela – Liberia.
Countryside: Tamarindo – Guápiles – Jacó
Quepos – Hotel Riu – Hotel Riu Palace.
Free airport shuttle service We offer meet and greet at terminal and free shuttle service from and to the International Airport. Please be aware our company does not have any partnerships with other rental car companies. Thrifty Car Rental Costa Rica works as an independent company.
Payment types accepted Visa – Amex – Dinners Club – Master Card.
Driving License With at least one year of issued.
Lead time for pick up 1 hour. If we have flight information we wait for flight arrival.
Return Changes Any return change must be notified with at least 24 hours notice to avoid any extra fees. Early return fee does not apply in these cases as total rental days are not affected.
Child/ infant seat First child seat for free; second child seat $2 per day. Charge applies in case of lose or damage ($100).
Booster First booster for free; second booster $2 per day. Charge applies in case of lose or damage ($50).
Luggage/Surf racks Free of charge. Charge applies in case of lose or damage depending on car category.
Satellite Navigation $9.00 daily rate. Charge applies in case of lose or damage ($250).
Wifi $9.00 daily rate. (WiFi werkt alleen in bepaalde gebieden. Geen 100% dekking door heel Costa Rica!) Charge applies in case of lose or damage ($110).
GPS & Wifi / Samsung Neo $20.00 daily rate. (WiFi werkt alleen in bepaalde gebieden. Geen 100% dekking door heel Costa Rica!) Charge applies in case of lose or damage ($350).
Coolers Free coolers for clients Picking up and Drop Off the car in Dos Palmas Airport or La Garita.
Dos Palmas will manage the coolers. Charge applies in case of lose or damage ($20 small cooler, $40 big cooler).
One Way Rentals (Between our Offices)
Minimum three days of rental.
Emergency Assistance 7 days a week in Alajuela office, near the International Airport. From 4:30 AM to 12:00 AM
Cross border policy Not allowed.
Pick Up & Drop Off process and charges Free Shuttle service (Airport only).
Free Drop Off over 10 days of rental (Except Drake Bay and Pavones). Special Drop Off charge for all
the Holland Hotels locations. (Refer to Special Drop Off List).
Refer to our General Drop Off fees to learn about places and fees where a drop off harge applies.
Cancellation process Free of charge for late cancellation.
Guarantee Deposits When customer buys our Total Package Protection the guarantee deposit reduces to US $250.
Dos Palmas Delivery and Drop Off Schedule From 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. in Dos Palmas La Garita or Dos Palmas Airport.
Early Return Extra Charge On early returns where the total rental days are reduced and rental agreement has been signed, a $50 penalty applies.
Refunds policy A $5 bank fee applies for any reimbursement to the customer’s credit card for unused days.
Free sale policy
Any reservation has to be confirmed by our Reservations Department.
Period charged for days and other charges 24 Hours.
Maximum rental period Each rental period consists of 30 rental days. Reservations over 30 days are allowed, but a new rental agreement needs to be signed for each rental period and pay in advance.
Unlimited Mileage Yes, including one day rentals.
Grace period 1 hour free for customers who return the vehicle after original drop off time.
Fuel Policy Prepay the fuel: Purchase the fuel tank at time of rental and you can return it any level. No refund will be given for unused fuel.
We fuel: Return the car with the gas at any level. Thrifty will refuel for you and the price includes fuel cost and refueling service combined.
You fuel: You fuel prior to return. At return, make sure fuel is at the same level you started with to avoid extra fees.
Age requirements Minimum age limit 21 and maximum age limit 75. Driver must carry a valid and in force driver’s license
held for at least one year in order to rent and drive the vehicle.
Additional drivers policy One additional driver for Free. All additional authorized drivers are required to qualify to drive the vehicle. To qualify, THRIFTY requires all additional drivers, including spouses, to meet our minimum age requirements and have a valid drivers license. Extra driver US $4,99 per day. A total of 3 additional drivers may be allowed per contract for a surcharge of $9,99 per day.
Young drivers policy Free of Charge. Drivers between the ages of 18-21 are allowed to rent car categories below Toyota Rav4 inclusive. Require a valid drivers license with at least one year of issued. TPP coverage does not apply to drivers in this age range.
Taxes LPF $0,95 daily in all car category. Included in the rates.
EVR Fee $0,50 daily in all car category. Charge for environmental and social sustainability programs. Included in the rates.
CDW Coverage The coverage applies for collision, damage and overturning. The renter and any additional drivers are absolutely liable for any loss or damage to the rental vehicle, even when the loss or damage is caused by a third party or in the event the cause is unknown, whether because of theft, collision, vandalism or any other cause. The financial responsibility for the Collision Damage Waiver is the maximum deductible
(excess) amount according to the rental car category. In case of damages to a third party vehicle, there is a minimum deductible of US$300 up to a maximum deductible of US$1500 according to the estimate of the damages caused to the third party vehicle. There is a 100% coverage for damages to third party properties or physical injuries and there is no excess amount applied under these circumstances. The coverage’s daily cost varies depending on car category.
TPP Coverage This coverage protects from total and/or partial theft, damaged tires, rings, windshields and windows,towing and rescue services. It means that the financial responsibility reduces to zero in case of an accident, theft, vandalism, damaged tires, broken glasses. The client must strictly comply with all the provisions and undertakings of the rental agreement.
ERA Service All contracts will be automatically enrolled in the Emergency Roadside Assistance Program (ERA) at a surcharge of only $1,99 per day. Key services (lost or locked in car), jump starts and gas service in case an accident, theft, vandalism, damaged tires, broken glasses. The client must strictly comply with all the provisions and undertakings of the rental agreement.
ERA Service All contracts will be automatically enrolled in the Emergency Roadside Assistance Program (ERA) at a surcharge of only $1,99 per day. Key services (lost or locked in car), jump starts and gas service in case you run out of gas will be provided at no cost. If customer prefers not to participate they must decline participation upon rental and be responsible for any Service fees in the event said customers requires any of the services listed above. (Included in TTP).
EXCLUDED RISKS IN ANY COVERAGE:
- Damages caused from the poor condition of the public or private roads, or damages resulting from obstacles (whatever they are) that cause damages in the undercarriage of the vehicle, or damages caused from the negligent use of the vehicle.
- Damages caused to the vehicle resulting from the interaction with rivers, beaches, estuaries, etc.
- Damages caused to the inside of the vehicle, including upholstery of the car, loss of car’s keys or documents, license plates, emergency kits. Charges apply according to damages or loss and appraisal.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the car, according to Legislative Decree No. 9028.
- COVERAGES PURCHASED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR SOURCES ARE NOT ACCEPTED IN COSTA RICA.
The renter must comply with the following conditions:
- Driver cannot drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Take care of the vehicle, be aware of the fuel level, lubricants and general condition of the car.
- Comply with traffic laws and legal provisions.
- No cross border policy allowed.
- Valid and in force driver’s license and ID, vehicle’s documents and copy of the rental agreement.
- Be liable to pay sanctions imposed due to traffic law violations.
- No coverage applies when automobile is driven by an unauthorized driver by Thrifty Car Rental.
- IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT: Please immediately contact Thrifty Car Rental office to report the accident. Request help contacting the traffic police and/or ambulance (911). Must wait for the traffic officer to issue the corresponding ticket and for the insurance company agent to issue the accident statement report. Must submit all documentation provided (traffic ticket and insurance company’s report) at our Thrifty office. If the accident takes place in a rural area, the lessee must proceed to give a statement at the nearest Judicial or Police authority in the area and submit all documentation provided (statement report) to our Thrifty office. It is mandatory to submit the corresponding statement made to the competent judicial authority indicated in the official ticket, for purposes of coverage implementation and effectiveness. Failure to submit any of these documents invalidates the implementation and effectiveness of any coverage. In case of accident, the customer must immediately notify our office and make a report regardless of the coverage taken in the rental agreement. Where possible, please do not leave the vehicle unattended and wait for assistance.
- No coverage applies when the main driver or the authorized driver(s) by Thrifty Car Rental drives under the influence of alcohol, causing damages, injuries or death to him/herself or others.